​Q: Does McLean County require permits?
A: See the listing below:

  • Flood Permits are required in flood zones and issued by the County Judge Executive.
  • Building permits are not required for single family homes.
  • McLean County has planning and zoning.  Any change in use requires approval by Planning Commission and Fiscal Court or the Cities of Livermore or Calhoun.
  • A Solid Waste permit is required by all operators of residential solid waste haulers.

Q: Is my property located in the flood zone?
Official flood maps are available in the Office of the County Judge Executive.

Q: What is the cost of the permit?
A: Flood permits are issued at no charge and zoning applications are $25.00.

Q: What business licenses or taxes are required by McLean County?
A: McLean County has a business tax of 1%.  Contact McLean County Occupational Tax Administrator Jody Edmonds at 270-273-9710.

Q: What is the county population and the county seat?
A: Population 9,875 and Calhoun is the county seat.

Q: What is the Fiscal Court Meeting schedule?
A: Fiscal Court meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursday​​ of each month at 9:00 a.m. in the Fiscal Court room on the second floor of the courthouse at 210 Main Street, Calhoun.

Q: Where can I obtain information on our State Senators and Representatives?
A: You can find that information at www.lrc.ky.gov.

Q: Where can I find information on the Consumer No Call List?
A: You can find that information at www.kentucky.gov.